The GMHSC is Hiring: Community Development Coordinator - 1 year term
Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering Committee
Community Development Coordinator
The Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering Committee (GMHSC) is a multi-stakeholder committee that works toward ensuring that Greater Moncton has an effective and responsive system in place to prevent homelessness from occurring and ensure instances that do occur are rare, brief and non-recurring. The GMHSC is the Community Advisory Board (CAB) for Greater Moncton under the Government of Canada’s Homelessness Partnership Strategy and is composed of community organizations working with the homeless population and those at risk, as well as individuals with lived experience of poverty and homelessness and representatives from the three levels of government.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated individual to manage this initiative during a one year maternity leave.
Candidates for this position must be committed to the values and goals of the Greater Moncton Homelessness Steering committee, and the philosophies within which it operates. The successful candidate will have experience working with multi-stakeholder initiatives, the ability to juggle numerous priorities while meeting Community Plan objectives and creating new opportunities.
Competencies and skills required:
• Knowledge of current initiatives and approaches to addressing homelessness
• Experience in partnership building and collaboration
• The ability to think strategically and beyond day to day detail
• Interest and experience in promoting public policy directions
• Proven track record of project management
• Excellent communications skills, including social media
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, and report to a small management committee
• Ability to communication in both official languages would be considered an asset
This is a 1-year salaried position, in the range of $37,050 - $42,900, dependant on experience.
Deadline to apply is March 10th, 2017.
Please submit application with a cover letter explaining your interest in the work of homelessness, specific qualifications and available start date. Your resume should include three references.
Please apply by email to: Joanne@johnhowardsenb.com and include “Community Development Coordinator Position” in the Subject line.
We appreciate interest in this position. Due to the volume of responses we anticipate, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.